Monday, September 24, 2012

Oh this is Copenhagen? I'm sorry, I thought I was in Antarctica.

I wish I was joking. I mean it's really not that cold out yet, I guess. But I'm not quite sure why past self thought it would be a good idea to go to Denmark in Fall/Winter, you know, when it's cold, windy, and rainy and I hate the cold, wind, and rain. Good call me from February. Good call. Now don't get me wrong, I do really love the city and this whole study abroad business is boss, but the weather is kind of miserable. To top it all off, the heat in my building is down, so I'm currently sitting huddled under my duvet with two pairs of pants on, a long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, and fleece. My nose still feels like it is going to fall off though. I got a vague, "they're working on it" when I inquired about it, well um can they work on it a little faster because it gets colder by the day and I only have so many sweatshirts that I can put on. I only brought two, and like three sweaters. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I packed. Don't let the fifty pound suitcase fool you, I have very limited clothing. Also, I only brought shoes made out of canvas. SMART MOVE. Good thing that fabric offers absolutely no protection from cold. I'm pretty sure my past self is the biggest idiot I know.

On another note, I got a package all the way from America today. YAY! I was way too excited to pick that up. It looked like it really went through some hardcore personal trauma on it's trip over the Atlantic, but nothing seems to have fallen out...that I know of. Poor little box. It also rode home in my bike basket in the rain, so on top of being fall aparty, it was damp. It's been a good day. ha. BUT I did purchase a chocolate muffin from the bakery across from my class. I'm not proud of that purchase. Except that it was the greatest chocolate muffin of my life. No regrets. I've been really bad about documenting the food I eat here. I apologize. Next time, because there will certainly be a next time. Not even worried. AND for dinner tonight Kat and I got really fancy and made spinach and artichoke dip. We understand that this is not actually a meal, but there are only so many days a week you can eat tofu and veggies on top of some sort of carbohydrate. So we made dip and put it on top of pita. I'm pretty sure everyone from my kitchen somehow ended up in there while we were eating and were really impressed with our skills. We rule. AHAHAHA. But actually, I'm kind of impressed that we actually really made something and it was delicious. I'm especially impressed since we didn't measure anything, and just kind of threw it in the bowl. Turned out fine. I'll take a picture of the leftovers since I was too hungry to go back to my room and get my camera. It's also really cold in here so I don't like to move.

AMERICA

MY MOM IS THE BEST

No comments:

Post a Comment