Thursday, October 18, 2012

Food

I wish I was better at cooking for myself. However, the sad truth of the matter is, I am no chef. I am not even up to the standards of the greasy kids that throw the mickey d's hamburgers together. I mean that's an art form. Let's be real, I'll never be up to that level of culinary mastery. So tofu and frozen veggies it is. For all those who have been DYING to know what I eat on a daily basis, stop wondering. Knowing will just make you hungry and go running to hug whoever cooks for you. Or if you are a real adult and you cook real food for yourself on a daily basis, just give yourself one big hug right now. Then go splurge on a nice dinner out so you don't have to cook for yourself tonight. I'd say it's on me, but I'm all the way in Denmark, soooo sorry bout it. Plus I'm poor, so double sorry.

I should stop acting like I'm starving and surviving off the scraps that the Danes leave out for the pigeons. I do in fact cook everyday...and it's not as though I really hate cooking, but it's a little inconvenient when cooking in a communal kitchen with really limited ingredients, plus it just takes up time. Props to all those real world people coming home from a long day at the office and actually feeding yourself more than a spoonful of nutella. Plus I'm weirdly not fluent in Danish, so grocery shopping can still be one big mystery. I'm honestly not even really sure what average joe Danes eat on a regular basis, since I haven't actually been to a restaurant here. I go to two sandwich places once every couple weeks. What I'm saying is, I'm not exactly immersed in the food culture of Denmark. Well, except the dessert. I'm fully immersed in that. STOKED for dessert crawls of the future. stoked.

YEAH AMERICA YEAH
ham and cheese...and pickles? USA USA USA

veggie burger and zucchini chips

burnt half my hand off getting these out of the oven. worth it. 

dessert? yes. 

oreo balls. yum yum yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment