Thursday, April 12, 2012

Oh hey there.

This is actually three weeks earlier than I planned on really updating this, but my morning class got cancelled and I'm feeling procrastinatey today, so here we are. I know it's slightly premature to be talking about the end of the semester, but with only three weeks of class left I figured it's semi acceptable. Looking back on the semester, the best way to describe it is probably....meh. It was not great, it was not horrible. But then again when I look back to the suckfest that was February, I kind of wonder how I got here in one piece. If I recall correctly there were more than a few mental and emotional breakdowns and enough stress to take at least five years off my life. Although, let's be real, the stress hasn't stopped just because February has. But despite how completely miserable I felt a few months back, here I am pretty breakdown free. Although, perhaps I spoke too soon since finals time is fast approaching. woops. You get the point. I settled into a routine, got closer to a couple people, and things got better. I often wonder how different this college experience would be if I had a different freshman year roommate and often question if I had the choice, would I change it. Maybe I'd have a stronger group of friends here, I don't know, but then again without that mess of a year, lessons would have gone unlearned and couple great people would still be strangers. And honestly, I wouldn't change those things in a million years.

Academically, I was challenged more than I have ever been before and though it still kind of sucks and has made me look homeless on more than one occasion, I'm stronger for it. But with that said, I'm ready for a break. It dawned on me yesterday that in just 3ish weeks I will be able to read a nonacademic book and watch as much tv as my mind can take before melting. I cannot describe in words how excited this made me. To be honest, the excitement level is probably not normal. More than anything I'm excited for the adventures that are coming up quicker than expected. I'm equally terrified and thrilled for my future time abroad in both Central America and Europe. Even though I live away from home the majority of the year and have adjusted to being more independent, I've never really been that far away or had to do so much on my own. I know this will all be one big learning experience that will make me more mature and probably more eager to travel the world.

Well I guess that's really it for now. I really should go use this time wisely. Should being the key word here. I'm not sure when I'll be able to update again since I have a bazillion papers and tests coming up fo finals, but I'll be back to share my stories from Guat. See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment